Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MY BABY GIRL!

(Pictures are out of order!) Jen was born on 5/17 at 5:17 in 1973. This was the day she came h0me from Swedish American hospital.
This was the first try at making matching outfits for Christmas.

Jen doesn't look too happy here maybe because she got sick the next day. Again in their matching outfits.


First day of kindergarden at Durand school. She's waiting for the school bus to pick her up.



Family picture at our Durand house. Our dog is Smokey. He got hit by a car in the front of the house.




Grandma L. with 3 of her granddaughters. The girls always loved playing with their dolls.





We always loved when aunts and uncles came to visit. This is uncle Rob talking to Jen. Jen is sitting in the little chair that we used for a carseat!!! This was the kind I used for all the kids. The kind that are used today were not invented yet! How safe was this?






Swimming in the water was always fun.







Sue was a little mom to her younger sisters. I used this high chair for all my kids and also for my 1st 2 grandchildren-Matthew and Lauren. I still have it!








Cute little girl!









It was always easier to bathe the girls altogether and they had fun doing it!











My 3 girls!










Uncle Rob again giving Jen a big hug.











I got a little packet of sunflower seeds from McDonalds that I planted and they came up like this every year!













Just learning how to walk and doing a great job!















Her first birthday. Notice the empty oatmeal box hanging. I put toys in it for the kids to play with.















Snow!! I would get the kids all dressed to go outside and they would stay out for a few minutes and then decided they had to go to the bathroom! I wonder how many snowmen we built in the 10 years we lived in Durand?















Another set of matching outfits. I had a cast on my leg and couldn't finish them so my grandma G. did. The sewing machine I used was one that I put my foot on a gas pedal thing to make it go. They are kind of short aren't they.

















Yum!! We loved making popcorn balls! Sometimes we even made them different colors.



















I love this picture!


















Pigtails always looked cute.




















All the girls were in gymnastics. Cindi stayed in for a long time.





















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom - I LOVE the post about me!! I also liked how you were able to incorporate a lot about Sue and Cindi! I forgot about a lot of these pics, so it was good to see them again!

Thanks for putting this together!

Anonymous said...

Those are some good pictures, I have never seen most of them. The girls sure were happy. They had no idea a little brother would be coming soon to stir things up!

Flower Mound Mom said...

Loved these pics. there is a cute one of us 3 laying on our tummy, I've never seen that one and love it...