Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Special milestones

I graduated from the 6th grade in Tacoma right before moving back to Illinois in 1960. I remember going shopping for my graduation clothes and was very excited to get something new!!
I graduated from the 8th grade in Wonder Lake, Illinois in 1962




I was confirmed from a Lutheran church in Wonder Lake, Illinois in 1962. My mom had a small party for my eighth grade graduation and confirmation on the same day. My grandma Munson and Aunt Hazel are standing with me.














I graduated from McHenry High School in Illinois in 1966. After the ceremony my Aunt Eloise had friends and family over for a small party. My friend Marlene is the girl I walked to see for my one fun time a week while living with Eloise. Jim Pitts was my first boyfriend. Our moms worked together at Modine manufacturing. The first time I met him our families all went to a museum in Chicago. We dated for a few years after that.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great history of all the major milestones!! You look so grown up in the 8th grade graduation picture!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that you have all those pictures! I agree with Jen, you look very grown up.

Flower Mound Mom said...

I was thinking the same thing about the 8th grade grad...
This is the other Cyn....
I can't believe how many pictures and memories you have... keep them coming. And thanks for sharing...

Flower Mound Mom said...

Where is Mr. Pitts these days??

Anonymous said...

I have no idea where Jim is. That was many, many years ago!! I'm glad you are enjoying my blog. I'll keep finding pix/memories. Keep up the comments!! I also like hearing them..