Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Along comes baby #1

On May 6, 1968, little Susie Lucek was born. I was at the hospital for 20 minutes when she made her entrance! I didn't have labor pains so I didn't realize I was in labor. A week or so before I did go to the hospital I had false labor and went to the doctor. We lived quite a ways from the hospital so your dad said that if this wasn't the true thing I would stay with grandma Lucek until you came since they lived closer. We didn't have a name picked out since you were supposed to be a boy. Your dad said how about Susan and I just agreed.


2 months old. When you were born we had no idea how to take care of a baby! I was always reading Dr. Spock. I guess I did ok since you just turned 40!!



5 months old and you were bald!! You didn't get hair until you were almost a year old.




Notice the table! It's the same one that I use now! Also your high chair in the background. We used that for Matthew and Lauren when you came to see me.We were playing cards with Rob at this time and it was getting late but you didn't want to go to bed so I let you stay up and help me play my hand. I've been told a few times that you were a little stinker at this age and we let you get away with it but look at how you turned out!!






This was taken at Susan's 1st birthday party. We invited a lot of relatives and most of them came. The picture above is of Sue's mom & dad, her paternal grandparents and paternal great-grandparents. The picture below is of all her grandmothers living at the time-great-grandma Stella Lucek, grandma Madge Lucek, great-grandma Anna Munson and great-grandma Hazel Gulgren. You were the first grandchild and great grandchild on both sides.











.





.

































4 comments:

Flower Mound Mom said...

so did you find this in your drafts? Great post. Guess I'm next!!
PS That's a lot of grandma's

Jennifer said...

You found some great pictures! I especially like the one of you and Sue when you were playing cards. There's always the special memories of the 1st child.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure changed your look a lot around that age. In each picture you look different. But always pretty!

Flower Mound Mom said...

I'm digging the new look of your blog.